Conservation of large carnivores strategy in the Czech Republic.
- Prevention and control of poaching which is the most serious factor threating populations of large carnivores.
- Reliable population monitoring which uses modern equipment (such as phototraps and capture-mark-recapture), participation of the society and the key stakeholders.
- Rising awareness of the society and the target groups.
- Careful planning of road infrastructure, preparing spatial management plans and maintaining/improving wildlife corridors for large carnivores.
- Financial support of mitigating measures for livestock, apiaries and crops protection and measures to secure communal waste from wild animals.
- International consultations of all the plans and projects (including carnivores’ cull), in which transboundary impact cannot be excluded.